Thursday, September 20, 2012

September 18 -
Who knew there was a Spa Season!!!!

Dalton booked into 2 of the big Golf Courses and I was going to have a spa.  When I went to make a reservation they said they were closed for the season.  I guess everyone who lives here has yucky feet during the winter, or, heaven forbid, do their own!

Dalton did play The Links at Crowbush Cove (I am name dropping for those golfers who read this).  It is a beautiful course, as everything is on this Island.  I went with him, drove the cart sometimes, it was boring, he didn't play well so my ears were sore when we got home.  It was much nicer weather wise than when he plaid in New Brunswick.  There are many courses within minutes of where we are parked but he booked into 2 courses on the other side of the Island.

I like the way they mow the Fairways
The Back of the Clubhouse, three Muskoka chairs so you can watch

Dalton doesn't know where to aim, there is water directly in front of him and if you look closely you will see the ocean on the other side of the sand dune
The signature hole is 11, if you look East you see this

North

East

South, that is the other side of the Clubhouse

I forgot to mention when we arrived the first RV Park we pulled into, Harrington RV Park & Campground (for all those RVers who might travel this way, remember this name).  We couldn't see anything from the road - the sign said Golf Course - Driving Range.  The road was a dirt one and fairly narrow.  We turned in, drove a short distance and came upon two dilapidated buildings, one on either side of the road, one had completely caved in and the other one would last until the next wind.  I said it didn't look very promising but we continued on as we couldn't turn around anyway, as we were deciding what to do next an East Indian came out from around the rubble and told us it was just ahead, the person (East Indian) he was talking to jumped in his car and led the way.  When we finally got to the site, there was no one around.  There were 3 cabins, a bunch of RV sites, all overrun with weeds and a shack that said Registration and Convenience Store.  We just found a place to turn around and we left. $12.50 per night was waaaay too much!  I felt like I would have had to sleep with a fish bonker under my pillow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment