Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11
We were checking the Weather Network to see what was happening in Newfoundland as that is where we are headed when we saw a picture of a huge fireball in West Lethbridge.  I telephoned the Lorans and Bill told me everyone was OK.  Apparently a power line went down on the Blood Reserve (more likely kids playing with matches) and they were evacuating the RV Park and the Town of Coalhurst.  Tracy and the kids are fine, they are with friends in the country, I imagine Al is at work so he will be fine also, Bill, Carol-Leah, Bob and Pat are parked at the Sportsplex (that is what it was called when I lived there) I don't remember what it is called now, anyway they are all safe and that is what matters.  There were some bombers with fire retardant dousing the flames.  They had winds up to 115 km/hr., pretty strong, even for Lethbridge.  Glad all the excitement happened after we left.

Unfortunately, we had to get gas before leaving Quebec, I say unfortunately, because we paid $139.4.  We didn't think we could make it out of the Province and I was not walking.  Anyway, we decided to cut across country and get to New Brunswick (or as the French say Neuveau Brunswick).  If they decide to separate, those who drive through will probably pay $2.00 (but it won't be me), although I must say it was very beautiful and the people we met were very friendly.

Speaking of Quebec, how would you like to have an address 123 Rue de Champlain, Saint Louis de Ha!Ha!...No joke it's on Highway 185, has a beautiful church with a huge spire, Dalton wouldn't stop as we would have had to drive off the highway for me to take a picture. 

Tonight we are camped right on the St. John River in Cosy Cabins & RV Park in Woodstock.  It is the cheapest and the nicest place we have stayed so far this trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment