Monday, September 17, 2012

September 16 - Golfing at Pine Needles
Today we went to the 36 Hole Golf Course, 18 are the Pines and 18 are the River...Dalton chose the River, it was the more challenging of the two.  He had made arrangements to play at 9:30 with two other people.  We arrived on time but the other two hadn't, so the Starter sent us on our way, I was riding along to keep the old boy company.  Anyway, the two finally showed up and caught up to us on the second hole.  The foursome in front were playing really slow so there was no problem there.  Ted, whose uncle is a member, and his friend Troy were the two playing with Dalton. 

It was soooo cold, the sun was shining but the wind was blowing and making us freeze.  After a few holes, Dalton warmed up somewhat and he gave me his jacket...I like to think I am a nice person, but I guess I really am not, as I would not give it back....after all he was getting the exercise, I was keeping him company after all...

It was a really pretty course:
Dalton hitting off the Tee on the 2nd hole

The Tee on Hole #3

I liked this tree, it was starting to turn, and it was showing lots of red
Troy, fairly young guy, maybe plays hockey, was trying to kill the ball each swing, he spent most of his time in the bushes, which meant we spent most of our time in the bushes looking for his balls.  The game was finally over after 5 hours.  We were frozen stiff, just starting to thaw out by the time we got home at 3:00.

We went out for dinner to a lovely restaurant called Paturel's, it was on the water and was recommended to us by one of the people in the park.  The food was great, I had lobster, prawns and scallops, Dalton had salmon.  My food was wonderful, the lobster was much better than what I had before.  Dalton said the salmon wasn't as good as ours, of course he could just be prejudice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment