Friday, November 9, 2012

October 27 - Pennsylvania

Dalton really likes Pennsylvania although I don't know how he can see it through the fog and the rain.  Romney and Ryan signs are defaced in the area.  We were staying at the Artillery Ridge Camping Resort in Gettysburg and when we pulled into the park I had never seen so many RVs and people in one place since FMCA in Indio.

We paid big bucks at this park, it was a holiday week-end, who know Halloween would be such a big deal.  It is  Passport America Park but they didn't give us a discount for the week-end even though it said in the book that they would.  We got the last spot in the park and, of course, the Wi-Fi didn't reach us.  The broadband stick we had wouldn't work either and that is when the computer started acting up.

This park went all out for Halloween and believe me it was filled with kids.  They had built an elaborate Haunted House area (I guess it was a Haunted House and yard).  They were bringing people through by the wagon load.  It was directly across the road from our spot so we got to listen to all the screaming.  I was sitting at the computer in the front of the coach when coming directly at me was
"The Headless Horseman", I quickly grabbed my camera and was out the door.  He let me take a picture, it was the best costume I had ever seen.  It was twilight and unfortunately it looks like daytime.
of course the horse left a deposit as well just when I was taking the picture.

It was about 18 degrees that evening, couldn't believe how nice it was.  I guess it was the calm before the storm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment