Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 27 - Still in Columbia -

THIS IS A RANT so if your not interested in hearing our tales of woe, I suggest you do not read any further.

You cannot imagine how much I HATE THE GUTS OF NORCOLD...this is one company that doesn't seem to give a damn about its customers.  Our Insurance Company advised they would pay for a new cooling unit and not a new fridge as the installation and freight costs was prohibitive.  OK, I can understand that...so Camping World ordered a new cooling unit on November 16th.  Don't forget this is after Norcold made them reset the Recall Unit (meaning it had quit before), the reset didn't hold so they replaced the Recall Unit - it also did not hold meaning that it was, in fact, the fridge failing.  We also had to pay for the diagnostic even though Norcold knew it was their unit that was failing.   That evening we suffered the dreaded ammonia fumes, which I already told you about.

As soon as Camping World got the word from the Insurance Company they ordered the cooling unit, and they were advised that it would take a week to 10 days to get here.  That was bad enough but when Dalton and I went to see how things were coming along, Camping World tracked the shipment only to find that, not only did they not send the camping unit of Friday the 16th or even Monday the 19th, but that they were not sending it until Thursday the 29th.  Apparently the company was closed for inventory last week and they still had to build the unit.  I find that so incredibly unsatisfactory, I had to leave the building before I exploded all over the service department.

Not only that but Dalton and I have been sick for the past week, me with a sinus issue and just when I am at the point of starting to feel better, Dalton comes down with a terrible head cold that doesn't want to clear up. 

See...told you it was a rant!!!


1 comment:

  1. I have more sympathy than you can imagine. I have been there, done that for 15 years and there are days I would just give it all up; then I hear what people pay for taxes and utilities and I am glad I am where I am. STILL, damn annoying and nothing anyone seems to care about. We went two months without a fridge and no one cared one damn bit. I'm on your side if you decide to start shooting.

    ReplyDelete